Grocery Store Tours
Interested in learning to eat a healthier diet on a budget?
Join one of our Cooking Matters grocery store tours by Share Our Strength(R) in and around Sioux Falls!
Practice skills like:
- buying fruits and vegetables on a budget
- comparing unit prices to find bargains
- reading and comparing food labels
- identifying whole grains
- and sticking to your budget!
After the tour you will receive:
- FREE $10 in healthy groceries of your choice using the skills learned on the tour.*
- FREE workbook full of tasty recipes and simple tips on buying healthy, low-cost foods
- FREE reusable grocery bag
Our tours are run by volunteers from the Sioux Falls Food Council, Hy-Vee Dietitians, SDSU dietetic students and interns, and other trained professionals.
Sign up for a tour today!
Eligible locations include the following stores in Sioux Falls and the surrounding areas:
- Co-op Natural Foods
- Sunshine Foods
- Fareway Grocery
- Franklin Food Market
- Andy's Affiliated Foods
- Pomegranate Market
Can't make it to a tour? Check out Cooking Matters.
*$10.00 gift cards are given to participants for the store in which they attend the tour. Participants are then able to purchase healthy groceries with these gift cards, grocery gift cards are not available at all locations.