Cooking at home has many benefits.
When you cook at home, you can choose healthy ingredients, choose the right portion size and save money.
There are simple changes you can make, such as:
- Use non-stick cookware to reduce the need for cooking oil
- Bake or grill meats instead of frying
- Microwave or steam vegetables to keep their nutrition content
- Change ingredients in your favorite recipes to make them healthier.
Meal time is great family time as well. Have children help mix ingredients and set the table.
From safe food handling to cooking methods, here are tips for making your kitchen a healthy one!
- 14 Health Tips for 2014
- 20 Ways to Enjoy More Fruits and Vegetables
- Shop Smart: Reading Food Labels
- Kids in the Kitchen: The 2014 Healthy Lunchtime Challenge Cookbook