Cooking at home has many benefits.
When you cook at home, you can choose healthy ingredients, choose the right portion size and save money.
There are simple changes you can make, such as:
- Use non-stick cookware to reduce the need for cooking oil
- Bake or grill meats instead of frying
- Microwave, steam or roast vegetables
- Buy in-season produce to save money and get the best flavor.
- Change ingredients in your favorite recipes to make them healthier.
Meal time is great family time as well. Have children help mix ingredients and set the table.
From safe food handling to cooking methods, here are tips for making your kitchen a healthy one!
- 20 Ways to Enjoy More Fruits and Vegetables
- Reading Food Labels
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Seasonal Produce