Apple Pistachio Crisp
- 3 apples (such as Honeycrisp) - unpeeled, cored and cut into 1” chunks
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pistachios (unsalted, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter (melted)
Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 ºF.
Place sliced apples, raisins, and lemon juice in 8” x 8” pan or baking dish; toss.
In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients except melted margarine. Then add melted margarine and mix until texture is consistent. Sprinkle over apple-raisin mixture.
Bake uncovered 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts (1 serving):
Calories: 330 kcal
Carbs: 60 g
Protein: 5 g
Sodium: 60 mg
Recipe courtesy of USDA What's Cooking.