Chef Jesse’s Winter Spinach Salad
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 red or green apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1/4 sliced red onion
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Smoothie (blend until desired consistency is reached):
- 2 oz fresh or frozen spinach
- 4 oz frozen mango
- 4 oz fresh, frozen, or canned pineapple
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed (optional)
- 4 oz cold water
Core and chop the apples into thin slices.
Toss lettuce, apples, walnuts, feta, and pomegranate together in a large bowl.
Mix together first three ingredients in the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
Slowly add olive oil while whisking.
Continue until dressing has fully mixed.
Toss salad with dressing right before serving.
Recipe: Chef Jesse, Josiah's Coffee Legend and Bistro