Chocolate Avocado-Chia Pudding
- 2 medium ripe avocados (peeled, pitted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted chopped almonds or walnuts (optional).
In a food processor or blender, process all the ingredients except the almonds until smooth.Transfer the pudding to serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the chia seeds to thicken. Just before serving, sprinkle with the almonds if desired.
Creamy avocado and chia seeds add a healthy boost to this delicious pudding dessert.
Nutrition Facts (1 serving):
Calories: 129 kcal
Carbs: 16 g
Protein: 3 g
Sodium: 22 mg
Copyright © 2018 American Heart Association. We used this recipe in a Simple Cooking With Heart Class.