Chocolate Protein Mini Doughnuts
- 3/4 cup almond flour (also called Almond Meal)
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
- 3/4 cup whole-grain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons Truvia sweetener (Stevia)
- ¼ cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- Baking spray
Ingredients for the Glaze:
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Serves: 12 mini doughnuts
Preheat oven to 325. Mix first eight ingredients together in medium mixing bowl. Add egg whites, canola oil, stirring until well-combined. You can a little more or less water to achieve desired batter consistency (batter should be fairly thick).
Lightly mist mini donut pan with baking spray. Note: if you don’t have a mini-donut pan, you can substitute a muffin pan.
Fill each mold 1/2 full with batter with a spoon or using a Ziploc bag to “pipe” in (put batter in the Ziploc, seal and cut a small piece off one corner to create your piping tool!).
Bake 8 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
For the Glaze: In small microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between until completely melted and smooth. Stir in milk and vanilla. While glaze is still warm, dunk tops of each donut in glaze or drizzle across the tops with a spoon.
Makes 12 mini donuts.