Confetti Beef Taco Salad
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded, low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground beef (96% lean)
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings. Stir in salsa; cook 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; keep warm. Line 4 plates with salad greens. Divide beef mixture among 4 plates. Top beef with cheese, tomato, pepper and onion. Garnish with olives and dressing, as desired.
Nutrition Facts (1 serving):
Calories: 221 kcal
Carbs: 8 g
Protein: 31 g
Sodium: 571 mg
This Heart-Check Certified recipe is brought to you by National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, a contractor to the Beef Checkoff.