Thursday, August 26, 2021 9:30am - 2:30pm
Location: Our Savior's Lutheran Church; 909 W. 33rd Street
A Matter of Balance program is seeking volunteer coaches!
Chances are you know someone who has fallen or who is afraid of falling. A Matter of Balance is a proven program designed to help people manage concerns about falls and increase physical activity. Sanford trauma, geriatrics, and volunteer departments are seeking volunteers to help provide this program to residents in the area.
What do you need to be a coach?
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm, dependability and a willingness to lead small groups of older adults (8-12 people)
- Ability to lead low to moderate level exercise
- Lead 2 classes within the year
- Coaches will lead in pairs
Lunch and materials are provided during the training. For more information, call Karla at (605) 339-7295 or email Karla.Cazer@sanfordhealth.org
Once you are trained, the Matter of Balance classes for participants are held either once a week for 8 weeks or twice a week for 4 weeks for 2 hours each.
- No upcoming occurrences in the timeframe specified for this event.
- Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Friday, August 27, 2021 at 9:30am - 2:30pm