Beat the Blues Winter Marathon
Challenge: Complete a full marathon (26 miles!) between January 22 and February 28. Get outdoors and move at your own pace and track your miles!
Extra Mile Challenge: See how many marathons you can complete during the program! Challenge yourself.
How to complete your miles:
- Ice Skate (30 minutes = 1 mile)
- Shovel the sidewalk (30 minutes = 1 mile)
- Outside play: build a snowman, have a snowball fight, make a snow fort, go sledding (30 minutes = 1 mile)
Get creative...try something new!
Where you can complete your miles:
We encourage you to get outdoors and be active for the Winter Marathon, but if being outdoors is a challenge for you, here are some indoor activities you can count for miles:
- Indoor walking (at a community center, mall, treadmill, etc.)
- Indoor water walking or swimming (check out options at the Midco Aquatic Center. 30 minutes of walking or lap swimming = 1 mile)
If you have questions about the program, please email email@example.com.