Assess the Workplace
To ensure that your worksite well-being efforts are successful, it is important to know your organization's culture, priorities, leadership and communication styles.
- Routinely perform surveys or assessments that look at wellness, safety and workplace culture.
- Understand organizational health, safety, and productivity.
- How do your leaders prefer to receive information? Written documents? Verbal presentations?
- Are your leaders influenced more by internal factors or by what competitors are doing?
- How are decisions made in your organization? Informal committee meetings? Formal or informal meetings between leaders