Live Well Sioux Falls is a community-based initiative designed to help improve the health and well-being of Sioux Falls residents by collaborating on projects to address health needs.
The Live Well Sioux Falls Coalition, a group of diverse businesses, organizations and individuals, is instrumental in guiding our efforts to improve community health and wellness.
Working together, this coalition completed a Community Health Needs Assessment and conducted a resident survey to gather information about Download Our Infographic
health in our community.
This publication summarizes information about the health and well-being of the residents of Sioux Falls and presents strategies for providing a healthier community. It is intended to guide the efforts of the many programs and services currently provided in our community as well as inspire new programs that focus on the most critical needs of Sioux Falls residents.
Why is this work important?
- 1 in 2 adults suffers from chronic disease.
- 7 of 10 deaths in our nation are caused by chronic disease.
- Due to chronic disease, a baby born today may have a shorter life expectancy than that of its parents.
- Chronic disease is largely preventable
Live Well Sioux Falls is truly a community-wide effort to make the healthy choice the easy choice for residents and visitors. We are grateful to the many organizations that have generously supported our efforts by offering volunteer leadership, financial sponsorship and other resources.
Learn more about how to get involved.
- 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment Resident Survey Report
- 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment Infographic
- 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment Focus Group Report
- Sioux Falls Helping Hand Emergency Resource Guide
- Sioux Falls Basic Needs Resource Guide
- Guía de Fuentes de Necesidades Básicas de Sioux Falls 2016 (Sioux Falls Basic Needs Guide Spanish Version)
- Sioux Falls Mental Health Resource Guide
- Sioux Falls Metro Area Directory of Specialized Transportation Services
Previous Health Assessment Resources